Dear Valued Customers,
Thank you for hosting with Net Onboard.
In order to provide better services and better hosting experience to our valued clients, we have scheduled a hosting migration exercise for all our Linux shared hosting account that being hosted under PHP 5.5 and below to a new server that utilize minimum PHP 5.6. Further to that, all new account and server setup will be using minimum PHP 5.6 as default setup.
This is compulsory as to ensure all our servers’ software are up to date and vulnerability free. You may refer to http://php.net/supported-versions.php for the current PHP supported version.
Client that involved in this migration will be contacted in a separate email for the details of the migration process.
Start Date : 10 Nov 2017
Start Time : 10:00PM GMT+8
How to verify if your account involved in this migration
1. You are subscribing to our old LINUX plan such as Linux 10GB Starter, Linux 300GB Advanced, Business 100GB Linux and Business 300GB Linux hosting plan that come with cPanel control panel.
2. You may contact our Support Team to check whether your account involved in this migration.
What Should I do?
As this upgrade involved a major version change, we strongly advise all our existing clients that still rely on PHP 5.5 and below to IMMEDIATELY patch/upgrade your system/application to be compatible with PHP 5.6 and onwards. Kindly check with your in-house/outsource webmaster/programmer or IT Manager regarding this matter.
Apart from that, we strongly advise our customers to perform a BACKUP on critical data.
Here are the references for PHP version migration :
A) PHP 5.3.x to 5.4.x
B) PHP 5.4.x to 5.5.x
C) PHP 5.5.x to 5.6.x
1. During migration, it shall not be any service interruption.
2. Your system/application will face some issue if it’s not compatible with PHP 5.6.
3. The IP Address of all the services (Web, email and FTP) will be changed upon completion of the migration process.
4. You are advised to keep a backup of your web site on your local terminal. You may contact our Support Team to guide you further on the backup procedure.
5. You are advised to reschedule a different time slot for site update as to ensure the migrated website content are in sync.
6. Progression of migration will be updated in this announcement until the migration is completed.
If you do have any inquiries regarding this maintenance, please contact us by raising a Support Ticket via http://www.supportchain.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit or sent an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly specify your domain and detail steps for us to produce the error as to speed up the troubleshooting process.
Technical Support Team
Net Onboard Sdn Bhd