Scenario 1 : Unable to create new or update existing email account with simple / weak password.
Scenario 2 : Unable to login to webmail using the current existing password.
Scenario 3 : Email client unable to retrieve the email due to password rejection issue.
Attempts on compromising client email accounts has been detected. As prevention, we have to enforce new password policy as to tighten the security for email service. The change on password policy been carried out on 29 September 2010.
When you perform password update/email creation, kindly ensure the new password compliance to the following requirements:
1. Minimum email account username is 4 characters
2. Password should be at least 12 characters
3. Password should contain at least 1 number
4. Password should contain at least 1 UPPERCASE character
5. Password should contain at least 1 LOWERCASE character
6. Password must contain at least a minimum of 1 symbol. Eg. [ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) - +]
7. Password should not be equivalent to the email account username
Failure to follow the above guideline would leak to security issue and your account will be suspended due to weak password.
1. Clients are recommended to update their current password as to meet the requirements of password policy.
2. If you are unable to perform the steps above, kindly submit ticket to our Support Team for further assistance.